Followers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress


I'm baaack! Hello all! I've missed my lovely nail blog. I am thrilled that nail polish inspiration has hit me again! I know I said that I was going to make a new post in March, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to post on February 29th. Come on, it's a leap year! It's a "leap" to a new polish direction. 


So what is this new amazing polish that I just had to post? OPI's I'm Not Really A Waitress
I LOVE this color. I tend to stay away from reds because I have horrible memories from when I was eight-years-old painting my nails red and having my nails stained red FOREVER. Oh the cuticles! Thank goodness I have gotten much better since then. 

I only purchased this color because I read about it so much in Karen Marie Moning's Fever series. She is my absolute favorite author by the way. In her series the protagonist, Mac, loved to have her nails perfectly manicured. One of the colors she enjoyed wearing was I'm Not Really A Waitress. Of course I had to see it for myself. I bought it and then stared at it regretting my decision. The color looked too dark in the bottle, but after painting my sister's nails with this color I HAD to have it on mine. I'm in love.


Look at the red shimmer! Look at the shine! This is without a top coat. 


It looks like it is glowing from within. This is on my top ten list for sure. 


I also wanted to share the flawless application of polish on my pinky. I didn't even have to clean this one up. It was perfection and I am so proud of it! Even my husband and his friend are amazed at how well I can apply polish now. 


Here's one last picture for the road. This is my finished manicure with two coats of I'm Not Really a Waitress and two coats of Northern Lights.
I hope that each and everyone one of you have a fantastic day! I'm so glad to be back and sharing my nail polish adventures with you once again.


Hugs and love,
Karen

1 comment: