Followers

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mermaid Nails

Happy Saint Patrick's Day! I do not have green or rainbow nails for today's post, but I do have something that will still feel like you found the gold at the end of the rainbow. I have mermaid inspired nails. I'm letting the secret out of the bag: I LOVE mermaids. Since it was spring break this week and I have been at the beach as much as possible I wanted the inspiration of those beautiful sea people on my nails. I was able to do it from this simple tutorial on Little Nails. Check it out!


Mermaid's tail inspired






This was such a simple design to create. I only wanted to do an accent nail to try it out and now that I know how simple it is, I will do each nail in this mermaid design for now on.I used bobby pins to make the dots, but I will use a dotting tool next time for larger sized dots. The colors I used for the mermaid nail were: Sinful Colors Cinderella (base coat for all of my nails), Zoya Rica, OPI Planks A Lot, Rally Pretty Pink, Not Like the Movies, and China Glaze Custom Kicks. The other nails then had one coat of Not Like the Movies painted over Cinderella. I wanted them to look like the inside of a sea shell. 

Also, excuse the messed up nails. Right after I finished this beauty I had to save my sister from getting red hair dye all over her face. I haven't had a chance to fix it because I've been so busy hosting my aunt while she visits Florida. Still enjoy the mermaid nail though!


I see many more mermaid manis in my future for summer. I plan on being a beach bunny all summer long and this nail design is perfect for it. 


I hope you all have a happy, fun and safe Saint Patrick's Day.


Hugs and Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment