Followers

Monday, January 23, 2012

A Modge Podge of Stuff

Hello all! Today you get to see what happens when I go into a crafting mood (i.e. creating bathroom organization holders and front door wreaths for Valentine's Day). I felt like trying to do something different to keep the crafty juices flowing. The results of today's mani were inspired by yet another Pinterest picture I saw. The blogger (and I am so sorry that I did not pin the picture because I cannot remember her blog or her name) created a stained glass design using foil polishes and a stamping plate. I tried her method and failed. Stamping and I are enemies! So I attempted to create my own version of a stained glass mani. 



I started with a base of Zoya Christinna. Once that was dried I went to town with my make-up sponges and sponged on a modge podge of colors. I used foil polishes, shimmer polishes, and some good old cream polishes. I quite liked the look a lot. I would have left my mani with the different colors but I had to try the next step or I would have gone crazy wondering what would have happened.

Zoya Christinna
Modge Podge of colors.
Next I wanted to create that stained glass look so I used OPI Black Shatter. I know everyone has done and seen the shatter polishes, but I never really used them like crazy when I first got them. I guess I was a little over done when it came to all of the pictures I was seeing of shatter and crackle manis. And I know why I do not touch my Black Shatter that often - it is a super annoying formula. However, I did get the result pictured below. 
Ignore the messy cuticles. It was 1:00 a.m. after all.
It was not exactly what I had pictured in my head. It looks more like a mosaic than stained glass, but hey I had to try. Next time I know I will definitely just keep the sponged look.

I hope that everyone has a Marvelous Monday!


Hugs and love,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment