Followers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Gradient Nails

Well, hello all! I've got some exciting news - my blog has been viewed 1,001 times. Since I'm not some big time blogger, but do this just for the fun of it, seeing that people have looked at my nails and writing 1,001 times is pretty exciting. Okay, nerd gushing is now over.

Today the hubby and I had our pictures taken. We've been together 5 years, married for 6 months, and we have not had any professional pictures taken. Ever. In his words, "I thought the roller coaster pictures from Sea World were a nice touch." This is what I am working with ladies and gentlemen. There is never a dull moment in our home.

I've been dying to try a gradient nail after seeing tons of tutorials and I thought today's photo shoot was the perfect occasion. The dress I found for today's pictures has a fuchsia, blue, white and black pattern that swirls together. I wanted to incorporate those same colors for my nail art. I've never done gradient nails before, so I was not sure how the end result would look. Here is what I got.


I like how it came out. Next time I try this technique out I will use more contrasting colors. It would  be fun, possibly bold. Today, however, did not call for a bold look. I wanted soft, demure, and romantic.

I even took a picture of the colors I used so I could remember them. I decided to do my nails around 10:30 p.m. and once I took pictures and edited them, I was dead tired. Taking a bottle shot was the only way to remember all of the colors. So here they are in all their glory.
From left to right: A-England Order of the Garter, China Glaze Strawberry Fields, Zoya Cristina and Pandora


 I started with two coats of Pandora as my base. Then for the gradient look I used Order of the Garter, Strawberry Fields and Christina. It was all topped with Seche Vite. If you are interested in gradient nails just search "gradient nail tutorials" on Google or any search engine. I got tons of hits and then used the one that made the most sense to me. I like simple approaches so I followed a tutorial that uses a make-up sponge for the color application. Find what you like best.

I can't wait to see how my nails look in the pictures . The photographer took some nice shots of us holding hands and she spot lighted our wedding bands. I'll have to  post those pictures when I get them.

Well that's it for tonight. Ta-ta!

Hugs and love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment