Followers

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Josh Groban Nails featuring Zoya Gemma

Hello all! I am writing to you today from the high I am on after watching Josh Groban preform live in concert. I loved him as a musician before I saw him live and I love him even more. The concert was phenomenal. I am so happy that my buddy came with me. We both had a blast. I'm revved up and ready for Josh to come to my area again; and this time I am going to meet him!

Of course I had to give my nails some loving for this most special of occasions (it's right up there with my fiance popping the question last January). I was thinking, "What do I see when I listen to Josh's music?" It sounds weird, maybe, but sometimes the music tells a story that I can see in my head and a lot of times it evokes colors and designs. Yeah, I'm weird. Anyway, I came up with this design for the concert. 

My first ever perfect stamping result!


I used Zoya's Gemma for my base. I was not impressed with this color when I saw it online. I thought it was just another green, nothing special. Then I saw it in Ulta one day and I took the time to look at it. I immediately  myself for not purchasing it before. Gemma is a mossy green with a blue undertone to it that shines in the light at certain angles. It is really noticeable in the bottle. The formula was wonderful to apply and the color was fully opaque in two coats. 

I then used China Glaze's Passion for stamping. The pattern is from my new Konad plate B51. OMG I love love love how easy it was to use Passion for stamping. Easiest brand and color so far. Has anyone else experienced this with other China Glaze colors? 

Sadly I topped it all off with SV and I forgot about the shrink factor when you put Zoya and SV together. It's not like it was going to last long anyway. I need to make some Halloween designs for my  kiddos at school. 

I hope you enjoyed this design and post! And just for your enjoyment, here is one of the better pictures I could take with my camera phone while at the concert. Oh goodness how I love Josh Groban! 

He is an angel!


No comments:

Post a Comment