Followers

Monday, January 9, 2012

Revlon Sunshine Sparkle: not so sunshine-y

Hello all! When I first began this blog I promised myself that I would share my failed mani attempts. This is a journey after all. I like to see how I can improve over time when I put my mind to something. I've been doing pretty well since I first started getting nail polish crazy, but today I was defeated by Revlon Sunshine Sparkle. Le sigh.
Offending nail polish.
This was my second (and last time) trying to make this polish work. The pastel yellow with a pearly sheen called out to me. It looked so fresh and fun. I imagined a beautiful  mani with some flowers or, birds! I just saw cute and flirty. Dreamers can dream. This formula is pure frustration. It is thick on the brush and then comes off thin and streaky on the nail. It does not build up layers well. It takes forever to try too. I am not patient when comes to drying times. For a beautiful color that applies well I can wait, but not this one. 
Streaky disaster.

I said to myself, "Fine. It's streaky, but a good stamp design will pick it up." So I attempted to use a french tip design. I wanted to the stamp apply in a vertical stripe on half of the nail. I failed. Since I was frustrated and did not feel like saving this doomed mani, I practiced stamping.


Pictured: hot mess
















I came out with this hot mess. I think I need a break from stamping for a little bit. I do not know what I am doing wrong. I just can't seem to get the right amount of polish on the plate and yadda, yadda, yadda. I just hope my next mani is better. I plan to use a Pure Ice color I found at Walmart. Let's cross our fingers for that one!


I hope I didn't bore anyone. If anything, I hope someone gets a laugh out of this. And if anyone of you reading this has had success with this color, please tell me about it. I am so sad this didn't work out.

Until next time!



Hugs and love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. I don't do drugstore brands ever but maybe if you layered this over another color? Or try using it for stamping? We've all been there so don't fret!

    ReplyDelete