Followers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Ruffian" It

Hello all! Today's blog features a fun and interesting mani - the Ruffian mani. I enjoyed the name so much and the fact it was a simple nail design, that I had to try it. It's not like I stumbled across it by accident or anything. I have been following some of my favorite nail polish bloggers as they take on the 31 Day Challenge. Those ladies have awesome ideas (none of which I am that talented enough to do), but the Ruffian was one that I thought I could handle. If you want to check out the blogs I am talking about you can view them here and here  and here

I learned about the Ruffian mani through Nails and Nom and she attached a link to view a sweet tutorial from Lacquerized. You can view the tutorial here .


Enough words! On to pictures. 

Close

Closer...

Closest! This shows the perfection that is the Ruffian Mani.

The colors: CG Custom Kicks and Julep Miranda
I was in too much of a rush to take pictures of my base coat, Custom Kicks, but I L.O.V.E it! It's just as pretty in the bottle as on the nail. I was drawn to the slight gold shimmer I saw and I'm glad that I purchased it during my most recent Ulta haul. And Julep's Miranda is just so creamy! It was perfection to put on. And it only took one coat of color to go over the CG base.

And please, excuse the messy clean up in the pictures. My nails look much better now after using Julep's hand scrub that I got in my Maven box. I guess I need to practice on that part more. 


Ruffian, yay or nay? I enjoy it. I hope you do too.




Hugs and love,

Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment