Followers

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Cold Metal Snowflakes

Merry Christmas Eve! I love this day; even a tad bit more than Christmas Day itself. I like the magic of Christmas Eve. The suspense of waiting for Santa to come with presents has stayed with me since childhood. However, since I am not a child anymore, nor do I have my own at present I decided to put that excitement to nail art! And for today I have a snowflake mani for Christmas Eve inspired by Cristina of Let Them Have Polish  Of course hers came out 10 million times better because she is amazing when it comes to nails. Mine came out pretty okay since I  get frustrated with stamping very easily. On to the picture!


For this mani I branched out and used FOUR polishes. That's a whole new thing for me. I started with a base of Color Club Cold Metal. Let me just stop for a moment and say that foils are just too wonderful and I especially love them in blue. This blue is such a deep beautiful pigmented color. I just felt like I was painting liquid sapphire onto my nails. And it was a one coater! Heaven. I then used BM plate 14 (I think, I did this at midnight). For the stamping I used Konad Special White Polish and, my go-to color, China Glaze Passion. To add a bit more demension, I sponged a light  layer of Orly Winter Wonderland over everything. In real life it gives a frosty look to the snowflakes.

I need to start taking pictures of just my base color because I feel like I am robbing all of you the chance to stare at and fall into the spell of Cold Metal. There will be a next time, I am sure! 


Have a wonderful Christmas Eve! I am off to have dinner with my grandparents and the rest of my family. Maybe I'll be inspired for a Christmas Day mani too!


Hugs and love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment