Followers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sinfully Wonderful

Hello all! I hope everyone has had a stupendous Saturday and that the fun continues throughout the night. It's been pretty low key here, however windy and now rainy. I love it! Tonight feels like a northern fall. Anyway, enough about the weather - let's talk nails.


Today's blog features my first mani with accent nails. I do not know how to explain it, but I am a very symmetrical person. Pretty much any design I make, have or want (including wall displays for the home, art projects, ect.) have to have a line of symmetry. Accent nails do not really follow this rule of mine and so they were never on my to-do list. Maybe it's because I have been in a good mood or something, but for whatever reasons I decided to try out accent nails this time. Here is the beauty:
This mani featured Sinful Colors Mint Apple as the base coat. I enjoyed wearing this color a lot. Two coats and it was perfect. I then used Color Club Nothing But Truffle for the stamp color. I wanted to go for a more modern fall look and used BM plate 19. For the accent nail I used Black Poppy. This color surprised me. I expected it to be a shiny slate color with glitter, but it turned out more matte. I loved the unexpected results and it was a nice contrast with the other shiny nails. All of it was topped with SV. When I got my hair done at Ulta yesterday my hair stylist noticed this mani and had to show it all her co-workers. I now have every girl there going to buy a Konad stamping kit and BM plates. My job is done.


Before I leave for tonight I have to tell you about my coolest freebie. My aunt (who has her own nail and skin care place) gave me two of her nail polish display cases. I now have a place to store all of my pretty bottles of joy. My fiance will have to mount them to the wall quickly so I can show everyone my collection.


Have a wonderful Saturday night and a great Sunday.




Hugs and love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment