Followers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Winter-speration

Hello all! Today I bring to you a mani that was supposed to be full of fantastic stamp art to an unplanned sponge mani. I wanted to make some winter inspired designs. I haven't been in the holiday mood too much and I thought perhaps making my nails look and feel festive could give me a boost. 

So I put on my base coat and was about to stamp when I started getting frustrated with my nail polish and the stamping process. Two of my brands are too thin to withstand the scraping action on the BM plate. It was really driving me up a wall! I did not want to change my color palate and I remembered I had cosmetic sponges I had not used yet. I just played around and this is the result. 


My base coat is Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl. It has a grey undertone to it when applied that I did not notice in the bottle. It is also a wee bit on the streaky side, but two coats helped reign it in. I still like it though. I then applied CQ Electric Indigo with a cosmetic sponge to the middle of each nail. I sponged two oats of Electric Indigo because ,as I stated before, this is one of the brands that tends to be thin. After that coat dried I then applied Finger Paints Art Dealer Teal-er over the CQ color. The final touch was China Glaze Fairy Dust (which let's be honest here - glitter makes everything better). I put a top coat of SV to seal the deal.


This mani surprised me. I really like it. The colors and design remind of fresh glittering snow and icy windows. After being away from NJ for 10 years a girl begins to appreciate the colors of winter!

I hope you enjoy!

Hugs and love,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment